Thursday, September 25, 2014

Having Fun at North Carolina Samboree

Debby and I drove from Carolina Landing in Fair Play, SC to Advance, NC on Wed and are enjoying the North Carolina Good Sam Samboree!  This is a 1000 Trails park.  I don't know what Thousand Trails is doing with all of the membership money the take in, but maintaining the roads and sites is DEFINITELY not what they spend it on.  Once again, the amenities are really nice here, but the sites and roads are not in to good of shape.  As for the samboree, we are really having a good time.  Tonight the entertainment was "The Hinton Girls" who were very good.  The Mandolin player is 14, the bass and banjo players are twins and are 16 and the guitarist is the oldest at 19.  I was really impressed with their abilities.  I predict that they will go far in the entertainment world.  They play bluegrass and gospel music.  I have included a picture of them.
I wish I had the energy of the 14 year old, who is the lead singer as well as the mandolin player.  She has a really nice voice.   They seem to really have a good time.
From here we are headed to the South Carolina Good Sam Samboree on Sunday.  Debby and I are planning of enjoying all of the optional items available at that Samboree.

Y'all travel safe, and I'll type more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment