Thursday, September 18, 2014

Update

As it has been a few days since I posted, I thought I would update everyone on what has been going on.  We enjoyed the Georgia Good Sam Samboree and left Sunday to go to Carolina Landing, a Thousand Trails Preserve.  The amenities here are very nice, however, the sites are not any where near level and in dire need of repair.  They are terrible!  Before we left Perry, I took a couple of pictures of the peaceful lake at the fairgrounds.  It was very nice.

We have ventured out here and gone looking around.  The area seems nice, but nothing is close to the preserve.  As some of you may know, I was having trouble with the kitchen slide.  It would not go all the way out.  I tried to get someone to come out to look at it, with no success, so, I got under it and replaced the bolts on the drive shaft, which were not bad, and manually extended the side that would not go all of the way out and it is now even.  I think the clunk we hear when we put it out or take it in is the slip joint in the drive shaft twisting inside of itself.  If I find that that is the case, I will drill a hole in it and put a bolt through it.  Debby is happy now that the slide is completely out.
While out and about, I had to stop at the local rest area to sign another extension for the house.  This is the 5th (I think) extension for this buyer.  It appears that they are closer now than they have ever been to getting the loan completed.  They have met all the conditions and hopefully we will close tomorrow.  I can not believe all of the hoops we have had to go through, and of course, we have to feel for the buyers as they had given notice where they rented and are now homeless.  Anyway, I took a couple of pictures at the rest area of the very peaceful lake the rest area was on.
Anyway, that pretty well brings everyone up to date.  We will be going to the North Carolina Good Sam Samboree next followed by the South Carolina Good Sam Samboree, then headed back to Jacksonville area for medical appointments.  I will keep everyone updated. 

Travel Safe, and I'll type more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment