Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Latest

Once we left Hart Ranch in the Rapid City area, we headed East toward Kennebec, SD KOA.  We spent 2 nights there.  The park was ok, but, in our opinion, not $40+ per night ok.  In defense of them, they just suffered a lot of damage to a small tornado.  They had a resturant on the grounds as well as a pool, mini golf course and playground.  I guess its nice for that stuff, but we rarely use those types of amenities. 

We spent 2 nights there then headed to our friends house in Springfield, SD.  They live in a rural area on a little over 3 acres.  They have a really nice house and large barn/garage.  I had not seen Bill & Donna in over 34 years, so it has been really good to catch up.  While we were here, Bill arranged to have his Ham Club testing team to administer an Extra Class test to me, which I am pleased to say, I passed.  I really appreciate Fred, Bruce and Bruce taking time from their busy schedule to administer the test to me.  I will not submit paperwork to be a VE to administer tests with the ARRL.  Sometimes it's not easy to find the proper amount of certified testers to give exams, so hopefully I'll be able to help in my travels.  Bill & Donna have been super hosts, and when we leave, we will miss them.  These will be memories we will never forget,






We will be headed out soon and headed toward the Swansea, IL area (Cahokia, IL Campground) to visit my mother.  Then on east on I-70 and visit my son and family and an old friend, Dorthy that moved up to IL from Jacksonville.  They we will be headed toward the Georgia Good Sam Samboree.  We only have about 8 weeks to get there.  It's great not to be in a hurry!

Y'all travel safe, and I'll type more later

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on passing to Extra. You said you will NOT apply to be a VE with ARRL. Just curious if that is what you meant to say?

    ReplyDelete