Friday, June 1, 2018

How Time Gets Away!

It is hard to believe that it has been so long since I updated y'all.  We have traveled A LOT since I last posted.  We left Red Bay and went to Natchez Trace Thousand Trails Preserve.  Our site as nice an level, but it took forever to get to it from the entrance.  We had to drive to the rear of the preserve and the roads were/are THE WORST we have encountered in the Thousand Trails system.  I filled out a survey and told them if they don't do something about them, someone is going to have some MAJOR damage to their coach.  They responded by saying they are planning to repave some of the roads when the money gets available.  They had several loads of rock that they put into "seasonal and annual" sites, I told them they should at least be putting some of it in the pot holes.  They also seem to cut the grass when the sites are vacated, and evidently ours had been full A LOT!




We left Thousand Trails Natchez Trace and drove 47 miles (about an hour and a half) to our friends John and Jan Hartman's in Spring Hill, TN.  They have a beautiful place and we stayed in their driveway for a week.  We really appreciated their hospitality. I backed down their winding driveway to park, but with John's help directing me, I made it.  



Next we headed to the Dayton Hamvention.  There were 3 of us that traveled together the 380 miles to Troy, OH.  We stayed at WACO Air Museum where Lou Pauly used to volunteer at  They had 4 RV sites, of which 3 had 50 amp service and ours had a solid 20 amp service.  We managed with the 20 amp very well.  We enjoyed the Hamvention and, of course, we attended the gathering of the faithful of the I.O.O.K. (The International Order of Krazies)  I did spend money I had not  planned on spending, I bought a Heil Pro 7 headset.




When we left Troy, OH, Debby and I drove 288 miles to Okaw Valley Campground in Brownstown, IL.  This is a real nice campground privately owned and operated.  It is not very big, but it is a nice place to spend the night.  The next day we drove to Sikston, MO to attend Escapee's Escapade, a nice drive of 258 miles.  The bad part was going around St. Louis.  Interstate 270 helped A LOT.  I would not want to go through downtown, even on the interstate.  As you can see, we were once again on the coffee and doughnut team.  This means early rising in the morning to get everything ready.  Today was the last day of the Escapade so we will get to sleep in tomorrow morning.  The Escapade was held at the State Fairgrounds.  Full hook ups with 50 amp service.  The weather overall was nice, but we did have some rain and did have a couple of rigs get stuck.







Tomorrow we will head east again to Danville, MO for a couple of weeks and then to St. Peters, MO for a couple of nights.  We are headed back to Illinois to attend my 50 year high school reunion.  I'll try to do a little better on updating y'all.
Travel Safe and I'll type more later.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you both are doing well and enjoying your travels! Thanks for all you do for us Escapees!

    ReplyDelete