Monday, June 25, 2018

Interesting Week End

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since I posted so I will update y'all on the events.  We left Lazy Day RV  Park in Danville, MO and headed to 370 Lakeside RV Park we in St. Peters, MO.  It was only a 58 mile drive but we made it with no issues.  We stayed there for a couple of nights before heading to Dam West Campground at the COE park at Carlyle Lake, in Carlyle, IL.  This is really a nice park, but only offers electric.  I would come back here again if ever in the area.
Lazy Day RV Park





370 Lakeside RV Park



Dam West COE Park




The reason we were in the we were in the Carlyle, IL area was for me to attend my 50th High School Reunion.  We had a good time and it was good to catch up with some of my class mates.
We had a get together on Friday night a Main Street Brewery, an micro brewery and eatery.  Debby and I had dinner and then went out to the Beer Garden to meet with other class mates.  We had a really good time and it was good to see every one.


The next day, Saturday, we toured the "old" school.  Many things have changed as when we went there, half of it was high school other half was junior college.  Now it is all high school.  They have about 2500 students currently enrolled.


After the tour Debby and I met with my cousin, Pam, who I had not seen since before I graduated from high school for a light lunch.  It was really good to catch up with her.
Then Saturday evening we attended the main event, the actual reunion.  It was at a great venue and had a really good band.  The band was a little loud where we were sitting, so talking while they were playing was difficult, but they were really good.  The reunion was held at Gateway Classic Cars.  There were MANY classic cars for sale there, but, in my opinion, very over priced, but enjoyable to look at.  It was good to catch up with old friends.  Surprisingly we only had 46 that were no longer with us, but several could not be found.  The folks that put this  together should be praised for their hard work!  They really did a great job!










On  Sunday, we made the trip to Effingham, IL to visit with Dorthy Combs, a friend of ours from State Farm, who hired Debby at State Farm.  She seems to be doing well and enjoying her retirement years.  She  worked for State Farm for 55 year.
Next we went to visit with my son and his family.  My how the grand kids have grown!  We don't  get up this way to visit with them very often, but it was good to see them.
That'a about it for now.  We head north tomorrow and I will update you later.
Travel Safe and I'll type more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment