Monday, April 28, 2014

Arrived safely at Nashville Country RV Park in Goodlettsville, TN.  This travel day included lots of rain, but no heavy wind, which I was concerned about.  The truck did much better in fuel mileage.  I'm sure that is because of the lower speeds I did due to the mountains and rain.  The truck showed up to 9.5 MPG at times.  We traveled 285 miles today, only one more long day scheduled on our way to Goshen, IN.  We have a 330 mile day on the 8th of May, but much shorter on our next leg.  All the rain we have gone through has made the truck and coach REALLY DIRTY!  I may have to take some time to wash them.  I discovered a small chuck out of our right front tire.  So far no problems, but I am going to have to invest in front tires soon.  I was going to buy them before we left, but just ran out of time.  Tenn has such a high sales tax, I would like to buy them in some other state.  Even with the rain, we did see some beautiful scenery. I do enjoy the sites in the mountains, but I really do not care to drive in them.  We are staying here for a week, and will enjoy an Escapees Chapter 42 rally while we are here.  It will be nice to relax for a few days.
Y'all take care, and I'll type more later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment