Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Day to Help Mom

Today we were going to go to Grants Farm, but thought we had better help find the paperwork so mom could get help for the nursing home.  We made 2 trips to her home, and gathered information and took it to the administrator of the nursing home.  We could not find everything that they needed, but we did help find some items that were missing.  I was very thankful that my brother, who lives in her home was very cooperative and helpful.  I thank him for his assistance.  He is now looking for some place to live as well, so I know he has a lot on his mind.  We tried to visit with mom a couple of times today, but she was asleep each time we went into her room.  We will try to go back later on this week and visit with her.  Physically she looks good.  I think they are treating her well.  I do know that everyone we talked with was very helpful and kind.  I think she has found a good place to stay.  We are hoping that Christopher, my nephew, will consent to being power of attourney so someone local can help with decisions if need be.  My brother is going to talk with him about it.  We may try to go to Grants Farm on Thursday.  I haven't been there in years, but Debby has never been there.  She is anxious to see the Clydsdales.   They are deffinately pretty.  As I have had some objections to my posts on Escapee Chapter 57 Facebook page, I will no longer have a link there.

Travel Safe and I'll type more later

No comments:

Post a Comment