Monday, June 9, 2014

Travel Day to Paducah, KY

Today we traveled to Paducah, KY.  We will stay here for 2 nights and then on to Chattanooga, TN.  We are slowly making our way back to the Jacksonville, FL. area.  When I was preparing for hook up last night, I discovered our hitch was broken.  One of the screws had come out and the hitch would not open or close completely.  I rebuilt it as best I could, and found this morning that it would not close completely.  It would close about 7/8's complete.  As we really did not have a lot of time, I tested it and found that it would hold, so off we went and drove our 166 miles to Paducah.  Once we got here and got set up, we went to Wal Mart and I got some Lock Tight and took Debby to dinner at Ryan's and then we came back to camp and I once again took the hitch apart.  I think it is fixed now.  It closes completely and we'll find out more on Wed.  Our visit at home was very emotional.  I had to get as much information for my mother, who is now in a nursing home.  I found that her house that she paid cash for, and took a reverse mortgage on, is being repossessed so she has no place to go should she get better, but it was very obvious that dementia has set in.  Hopefully she will get a little more assistance and will be able to stay where she is.  They seem really nice and were taking very good care of her.  Attached is a picture of my hitch that would not close all the way.
Travel safe, and I'll type more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment