Monday, May 19, 2014

Travel Day of 202 miles

Today we drove from the Elkhart County 4 H Fairgrounds to Thousand Trails Horseshoe Lakes Campground in Clinton, IN.  The Indiana roads are really bad.  I know they are doing a lot of construction, but I think it is to little to late.  I have a feeling that Illinois will be no better, but we'll find out next week after Memorial Day.  The sites here are a little tight to get into, but we managed,  Our site is long enough, but it is narrow.  It would be easier to get into if the road was wider, and it did not fall off into the lake.  Had to really watch the front end while parking.  I still haven't set up the Dish, but the local stations do come in.  We will be leaving Memorial Day and heading to Illinois.  Not sure where we will go after we go see my mom. 
The view from our site is very nice.  We can see all 3 lakes from here.  I didn't even know there were 3 lakes until I looked at the site map.  Any way, it will be nice to relax for a week.  I have some repairs to do on the coach.  I got an alert in the truck that the coach had a wiring problem.  Turns out that one of the wires for the emergency break away switch is broke.  I'll get that fixed as soon as I can get to my electrical box.  I do have to go get fuel as my truck says we only have 7 miles until empty.  I guess that is a ob for tomorrow. 
Well, travel safe, and I'll type more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment