Friday, May 30, 2014

Travel Day

Today we traveled the 66 miles from Mulberry Grove, IL to Cahokia, IL.  We have landed at Cahokia RV Parque, site 99.  Not long after getting set up, it rained fairly hard.  I'm glad we got set up prior to it arriving.  Tomorrow we will go to moms house and visit with her.  I did call an old friend of mine in Edwardsville and left a message.  I don't know if that is still his cell phone number or not.  I guess if he calls back, I'll know for sure.  It has been 10 years since I talked with him.  The campground we are in is rated as one of the best in the area.  We will be here until the 9th, so the campground fee was pretty steep.  The only one rated higher that this one is $54 per night.  To much for my budget.  When we arrived, someone had arrived while the office was closed and parked in the site we were suppose to get, so we are in another.  It really doesn't make much difference.  I can get 2 sat. on Dish and of course all the local channels.  They have a diner on site at this campground.  Don't know if we'll get to try it or not.  I did promise Debby that we would go to Long John Silvers if we found one, and they do advertise here.  Since the closed in the Jacksonville area, she has kind of craved them.  Also on our list while we are here is to go to the commissary at Scott Air Force Base.  Debby is working on her list for that.  Well, better run for now.

Travel Safe, and I'll type more later

1 comment: